Tuesday 31 July 2018

DANIEL RECOUNTS HIS TALL SHIPS EXPERIENCE

Daniel was one of 4 learners from Kepier lucky enough to be given places on the recent 'Tall Ships' event here in Sunderland.
Here, he tells us about his time taking part and shares some wonderful photos with us; we hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!
"From the first day that I had signed up for this experience, everyone told me it would be amazing and I agreed but never expected it to be as amazing as it actually was. I saw some beautiful spectacles whilst at sea and tried new things I couldn’t have comprehended doing before ; climbing the mast and jumping into the North Sea (which might as well have had ice cubes floating in it it was so cold!).
"Every single person I met was very friendly and our crew was tightly knit, so when we had to perform a difficult manoeuvre, it paid off eventually making us finish in second place. Esbjerg was also a very nice town and being able to help pilot the ship into port was another highlight."
The entire Sørlandet crew then marched in the parade, and celebrated like mad at the crew party in the evening which unfortunately I can’t provide pictures for. Finally I jumped onto a plane back to Newcastle leaving behind a view and an experience I will never forget. I am so grateful for the school choosing me and 3 others to have this opportunity."


















No comments:

Post a Comment